Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Blog Post #1


When I was given the choice of templates, the first one that drew my eye was the simple yet sweet, peach-colored font and white background. My intent of this blog is to help my classmates and professor learn about who I am as a person and a writer. I want readers to be focused on my writing and what I have to say, not distracted by annoying pop-ups and wild colors.

I am a big fan of alliterated titles and catch phrases, so I wanted to incorporate that into my own blog’s title. I am also thoroughly enjoying my time in Stuart Halls as a freshman, so I wanted to play off of my building name for a true representation of my first year and first blog at Penn State.

It may seem boring to some, but to me Times New Roman is classy, timeless, and clean. I did not want to bombard my readers with overdone fonts or colors and felt that “Times” was the appropriate fit for my personality and the intent of my blog. I like to be very organized, so the clean font with a serif fit the bill.

In my “About Me” tab, I included some vital information about me such as my favorite shows and pig-out foods. I provided my readers with enough information to get a general idea about who I am, but not enough to let them know everything about me. I need to leave some things up for personal interpretation! 

The process of creating my blog was daunting at first, but once I began playing around with the different features it was less frightening. I have not yet added any other tabs to my blog because I'm not sure what else I would like to share with my readers. 


2 comments:

  1. I love the layout of your blog ! Its very pretty and full of Penn State pride! Everything is both easy to follow and to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. I appreciate the positive feedback!

      Delete